Friday, November 9, 2018

100 years Veterans day.

Reviewing some family artifacts brought me to this old newspaper from 1918. 
The Lake Geneva News, November 28, 1918
We are coming up on Veteran's day/Armistice Day/ Remembrance Day, depending on where you live. U.S., Canada, Australia, United Kingdom, New Zealand. The BBC broadcasters are all wearing the poppy on their lapels. Poppies are worn and poppy wreaths are laid in memorium. Our American Legion give the poppies and referance the WWI poem "In Flander's Fields."

I never knew my uncle Pliny. It seems that we were two generations apart. But I have some family artifacts and papers that cause me to remember and I feel it is so timely to share this article now from a century ago and the end of WWI. The pictures are from the newspaper and I have tried to place them in order. God Bless all who serve. We thank you.




No comments:

Post a Comment